Cognizant IT Consultancy knows how important is make a copy of all your business critical information. So a backup is a copy of one or more files created as an alternate in case the original data is lost or becomes unusable. Data loss can happen in many ways, the most common causes are physical failure of your PC, accidental error, theft or disasters like fire, etc. This is another reason why backing up your data is such an important thing to do.Today, there are many kinds of data backup services that help enterprises and organizations ensure that data is secure and that critical information is not lost in a natural disaster, theft situation or other kind of emergency.
different types of backup
- Local backup is any type of backup which is kept close at hand or in the same building as the main storage. This includes locally attached USB, NAS, Tape Libraries and bare metal.
- Offsite backup is any type of backup which is kept offsite, for example at a different geographic location from the source. This includes any medium, but is stored somewhere else.
- Online backup is a type of backup which is continuous or frequent and is done to a storage medium which is always connected to the source. This includes CDP backup.
- Cloud backup is similar to online backup and is when data is backed up to a service or storage facility connected over the Internet.
different types of storages
- Local Storage is directly connected to your desktop or laptop.
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) is connected to your network. This can be accessed and used by various people on your network, or even from outside using secure methods.
- Storage Area Networks (SAN) is a cluster of storage that can be accessed on a dedicated network. This enables devices to view files and resources as if they reside locally.
- Cloud Storage is a hosted storage solution that can be accessed from anywhere over the Internet. Advantages include increased usability, accessibility, quicker disaster recovery and cost savings for larger organisations.
We are not vendor specific but we partner with the leading brands in the market to offer the most economical & sustainable solutions. Some of the brands we closely work and guaranteed are listed below: